Monday, November 8, 2010

Niki's Website Part 4

At present, I'm making the final changes to my site. By tomorrow afternoon, the complete site should be live. I was only able to test the redirect (properly) with Firefox, though it did work with Chrome (I didn't count it because it didn't find the page it was looking for, which was my fault but still).

Here's what I was able to do...

  • Main page no-longer requires you to select a browser. The re-direct has been scrapped unless I can figure something else out. But the site is finished otherwise (save for the banner)
  • I've added an audio page WITH a working MP3 player (thank you to Lissaexplains.com and the XSPF Music player team)
  • The same music I've included here, I'd previously posted on other sites (see the Wix site below for comparison)
  • The old navigation button/images have been replaced with a sleeker navigation menu on the right.
  • Added some images to the Gallery (some?)
  • There's a Video page where you can download (or preview if you have Quicktime installed) a couple of my animation projects from last year
  • I've pretty much completed my Bio information
Initially, I planned on gathering up my resources in the root folder, linking them up, and then duplicating everything into folders for each respective browser. Upon checking the filesize on my music files, I realized that duplicating them that many times would break the 100Mb file space limit, which is not what I want. I could keep the folders but link back to the main page, but again, too tedious.

So despite my initial plan, I'll simply be renaming each html file and dumping them together in the root. I could've done this at any time (why was I renaming them if I had them in folders anyway?), which kinda prompts me to smack myself in the head. I could've saved SO much time. In the meantime I've tackled the two biggest hurdles.... The MP3 Player (tested 'til perfect) and the Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment