| Image taken from Gearlive.com |
![]() |
| Image taken from Seeklogo.com |
Legibility:
A clean, crisp sans serif font. For a logo that will inevitably be scaled to a variety of different sizes (from small packaging to banners at a corporate event), this logo works very well. There's no extra design elements, it is what it is.
Spelling and Punctuation:
Aside from iPod (remember what I said about creative license?), Apple seems to like picking straightforward names for it's products. Especially software (ie: Mail, Address Book, Time Machine, though iCal could be an exception). Also worth noting is how the fanbase tends to take this...
A clean, crisp sans serif font. For a logo that will inevitably be scaled to a variety of different sizes (from small packaging to banners at a corporate event), this logo works very well. There's no extra design elements, it is what it is.
Spelling and Punctuation:
Aside from iPod (remember what I said about creative license?), Apple seems to like picking straightforward names for it's products. Especially software (ie: Mail, Address Book, Time Machine, though iCal could be an exception). Also worth noting is how the fanbase tends to take this...
![]() |
| Image taken from ChaosMint.com |
And turn it into something like this...
![]() | ||
| Image taken from Deviantart.com |
![]() |
| Image taken from AdPunch.org |
There's a few more here, such as iDance, iBreak, and iRock. But ou get the basic idea. I was disappointed when I didn't find the iLink I was hoping for, but it wouldn't be touch to make my own so no matter.
Context:
The structure of both titles/logos is very rounded, and possesses a distinct visual flow, much like cursive writing. Both titles retain the underline that connects to the first and last letters/characters, almost as if it were a skipping rope. This suggests a fantasy title, which fits the magical girl theme of the manga.
Colors:
Context:
The structure of both titles/logos is very rounded, and possesses a distinct visual flow, much like cursive writing. Both titles retain the underline that connects to the first and last letters/characters, almost as if it were a skipping rope. This suggests a fantasy title, which fits the magical girl theme of the manga.
Colors:
Nothing but black and white, or possibly grey.
- Contrast:
You can't get much higher than black and white, and by that I'm referring to contrast. The pale grey Apple also likes to use provides less of this, but is softer on the eye and adds to the 'simple and clean' look (leaving out a blatant Final Fantasy pun like that would be criminal after posting iCloud).
- Colors:
Black, White and Grey aren't technically colours to my knowledge. - Saturation:
None.
- Frequency of Use:
There are a couple of packages that use colour, though the ost I've seen is pink or a bright green. I'm guessing this was intended for a specific iPod model, or that it was a limited time promotion.
The iPod Shuffle follows the same sort of packaging trend. It's also a good example of what I was talking about earlier (in regards to logo scalability).
![]() | ||
| Image taken from Appleinsider.com |
Of course, to balance out the good, I'm also going to review the bad. I was looking at other things to review but frankly this would be too hard to top so I decided to just go with it (and get it over with).
![]() |
| Image taken from Swiss-Miss.com |
Legibility:
Between the bold text and minimal leading, this is difficult to read. Fix that (and set it in a different, preferably lighter font) and the time it takes to take in the T-Shirt would be reduced. Imagine trying to read this in public, the person could possibly have turned around before you finished!
Spelling and Punctuation:
I'll give them that, there aren't any errors.
Between the bold text and minimal leading, this is difficult to read. Fix that (and set it in a different, preferably lighter font) and the time it takes to take in the T-Shirt would be reduced. Imagine trying to read this in public, the person could possibly have turned around before you finished!
Spelling and Punctuation:
I'll give them that, there aren't any errors.
Context:
The Designer seems to have deliberately set up the type this way so that Comic Sans blares in the most obnoxious way possible.
Colors:
Nothing but black and white, or possibly grey.
- Contrast:
Yet again, nothing but black and white (not even grey).
- Colors:
Black, White and Grey aren't technically colours to my knowledge. - Saturation:
None.
- Frequency of Use:
Entire T-Shirt
If you're still cringing at that, here's something to offset it. But if you're not a coffee person, who said you had to put coffee in coffee mugs anyway?
![]() |
| Image taken from LifeClever.com |







No comments:
Post a Comment