I've been focusing on 3D modelling over the summer and fall, and strangely it always causes me to revisit architecture and interior design. I have a relatively thick folder full of things I intend(ed) to model at some point. Believe it or not, this week I actually got tired of churning out doodles. Before I started running out of ideas, I found myself redrawing some of the same concepts. Enough was enough!
I blame Halloween for the idea of modelling candy as a break in the pattern. And
eventually candy brings you to the same place.
Chocolate.
NEVER. Google. Chocolate.
You'd think there'd be more pictures of cocoa beans; At least THEY can be mistaken for coffee beans. Instead you get a delightful blend of professionally photographed assortments in giftwrapped boxes (moreso if you add 'Godiva' to your search query), Stacks of unwrapped bars, melted fondue being drizzled into pools of even MORE of the stuff, and a mishmash of assorted photography that Google seems to think is related (as always).
And for my 100th post: Cue the obligatory "things made of chocolate" segment!
While there aren't enough flavours to cover every category in the implied legend, this pie graph was crafted well enough to convey statistics. Beyond aesthetics, all 3 flavours are not inherently necessary (but they do seem to enhance the sense of asymmetry).
Too delicious to use, but too beautiful to eat? That's the question! My only regret is that I cannot purchase one (that I know of). It looks like
I Love Typography picked up on this one as well!
The only downside is that if your coffee is too hot, they might melt. I know from personal experience what happens to chocolate once it kisses a hot beverage (also, if you're the type that doesn't get a sugar rush easily, combining this with hot chocolate might just be your kiss of death). On the flipside, I can see this as a more practical vessel for iced cappuccino or chocolate milk.
This one brought
The Chocolate Touch to mind. I vaguely remember a part where the protagonist is chewing on his pencil, only to have it turn to chocolate!
Chocolate as a Material
While visually striking, chocolate has three fatal flaws. Sensitivity to Temperature, limited shelf life (before the ingredients begin to separate), and that it can trigger cravings on sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment