The original was sketched entirely in Flash when I first got my tablet. I think I'd always intended to refine it one day, but I wasn't sure what kind of style treatment to apply (and I kind of liked how adding colour made each drawing appear more 'finished' even if it was still very rough). When you're still experimenting with styles overall, picking just one can be difficult. I also have he bed habit of starting with one goal in mind and ending up with something totally different.
I still haven't decided if (and where) I want to add any shadows to her shirt. I also don't want to add too many, else I risk drawing attention away from her face. Kind of like what happened in the original.
I also want to revisit the images seen in Niki's Illustrations #5, one of the two ended up becoming a permanent character design for an upcoming project of mine, but as for the other I'm not quite sure what to do with her yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment