Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Assignment #1: Classic Film Poster Redesign (Finished Art)

I've hit a bit of a snag on this one, my entire 8Gb USB drive just decided to try and kill itself in the most horrific way imaginable. In the time it took me to click on this browser window from Photoshop and select 'add file' it appeared that my USB drive had corrupted itself, and several folders appeared empty. For a short period I found I was able to copy them to my clipboard, but overestimated how much time I had to get them ALL securely copied.

Unfortunately I think I may have lost access to my Photoshop files again (knock on wood, just for this subject), until just earlier I was able to open them, but now Windows fails to locate them. In the meantime I have a copy of this image. I'm more than a bit miffed that I had them on my clipboard but went to post something into an e-mail first. HUGE mistake!

I've been working on the finishing touches since around 5 this afternoon, but had some trouble saving. That's when this mess started...

So as you can see, this is the revised design I was able to come up with by experimenting with some of the fonts on my own hard drive. I used "It must be destroyed" which ironically was on my list of proposed fonts. I guess I was onto something?

It's a change from the more Saloon-ish looking font (who's name escapes me) that I was working with before. Again, not sure I was able to completely follow my design goals overall, but at least I managed to get the document size and effects right without too much extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment