The first stage of web development will be browser detection and compatibility, which will be worked on over the next 2 weeks. I also plan on adding a couple more rollover images to each page, and a new banner instead of the current header.
To start, I've created dummy-pages for each browser I plan to support. At this point, I can confirm that Safari will NOT be supported. This is a personal preference, because I'm continuously annoyed by the software. (If I get one more 'keychain password' prompt I swear I'm going to lose it!) Netscape also will not be supported because realistically it's outdated. Mozilla inherited it, but I don't know if they still update it, or how much better/worse it is than it's ancestors.
The following browsers WILL be supported.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Opera
Other browsers unfortunately will not be supported either. I recognize that there are many obscure software titles in existence, but it's impossible to manage them all within the time period I'm given.
My current hierarchy looks like this...
ROOT/
Images/
Internet Explorer/
Images/
Images/
ie_main.html
ie_bio.html
ie_gallery.html
ie_contact.html
Mozilla Firefox/
Images/
Images/
ff_main.html
ff_bio.html
ff_gallery.html
ff_contact.html
Google Chrome/
Images/
gc_main.html
gc_bio.html
gc_gallery.html
gc_contact.html
Opera/
Images/
Images/
op_main.html
op_bio.html
op_gallery.html
op_contact.html
No comments:
Post a Comment