Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Typographic Content Review (Urban Typography/Signage)




Legibility:


The font used isn't very ornate, just a simple italicized serif typeface. They could've used something fancier, or filled the space a little better. Even if the font were just a bit heavier, or bolded, the title might stand out more.


Spelling and Punctuation:

No variation.


Grammar:

No Variation.


Context:

Exactly what I'd expect from a themed bookstore. This and 'Sleuth of Baker Street'. The storefront is designed to look very old, with a heavy European influence.


Colors:

Very earthy, desaturated tones are used, to simulate rock and ground.


  1. Contrast:Between the Gold Text and Dark background, there's some. You may not be able to see it from the lighting in the photo, but the gold reflects the light and shines more brightly. I think there must've been a cloud passing at the time it was taken.
  2. Colors:Mostly shades of colors, very deep, not bright or vibrant at all. 

  3. Saturation:
     Deep, desaturated colors.

  4. Frequency of Use: Throughout the design (except for the gold).

Language:

I'll put this as N/A this time around since I'm not reviewing a foreign brand/product.

No comments:

Post a Comment