Q: What was your most rewarding experience as an illustrator?
A: I would say, the most rewarding experience as an illustrator and artist is the ability to use my art to connect with, inspire and encourage other people, no matter if they themselves are artists or not. I think art has an incredible ability to shorten distances between people, and art does not have boundaries or language barriers. The other most rewarding thing is when others tell me my art has inspired them or made them think in a different way, or most importantly, made them believe in themselves more. When someone comes up to me and tells me they found inspiration in my art, that totally makes my day!!!
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: I can draw in many styles (see my 1 Minute Artist show intro - I drew myself in 100 different cartoon and anime styles :) This can also depend on my mood or project. Sometimes I'm drawing cute cartoon animals (like the ones in my first how to draw book) and other times, I'm working in a more mature, edgy illustrative style. However, there is a basic core in all my artwork: I draw with my passion and dedication. I want to make every piece the best it can be. I think art, like many other things, are best when they are done right, and to the maximum skill level of the creator.
Q: What's in a typical work day for you?
A: That depends. Sometimes I'm working all day at the computer, drawing with my tablet, other times, I'm creating more Youtube shows to showcase and share my art. I'm also writing comics and graphic novels for kids and preteens, and I've just finished shooting my very first TV role (as a police sketch artist) so the whole artist / writer / business person / actor thing can get busy!
Ms. Yu also has her own Youtube show 1 Minute Artist, in which she creates a drawing in 60 seconds or less!
You can see more of Mei's work on her website, http://www.meiyuart.com
No comments:
Post a Comment