Friday, October 7, 2011

Structural Package Design - CD Case/Sleeve Dielines

From the last sketches, I made a mock up of the 4-tab version and put it together. Unfortunately, the CD rolled out either side, I attempted to fix this by incorporating 3 triangular tabs that would fold so that the centre of the disc would stay put. This was effective, as it clung to the CD. I'm still not convinced it'd be strong enough to be stored in places where it could slide around (many people like to throw CD sleeves into drawers).

1st Design - Two tabs for each side.

2nd Design - 4 additional tabs stopped the CD from rolling out.

In the end I added two extra tabs to the design, which effectively held their place and prevented the CD from rolling out. I debated adding two more to double up like I did with the first set.

No comments:

Post a Comment